Hey readers!!! I’m Sarah, a bit of a travel fanatic, a writer, a romantic and cat lover.
I’ve travelled the world for both work and pleasure and decided to set up a blog to help people do the same. Most people think you need a fortune stashed away to quit your day job and go travelling but it’s simply not true. There’s so many ways you can fund your travels. Here are some examples:
- Write a blog and set up affiliate links
- Work on your travels:
- Bar work
- Tour guides
- Handing out flyers
- Copywriting – checking for errors
- Become an escort
- Dog walking
As you can see there’s more options than you think. When I was younger I just bit the bullet and gave travelling a go, admittedly it didn’t go well and the main reason for this was my lack of planning. Some things to consider before you pack your bags:
- Check the customs of the place your travelling to
- Look at any jabs and vaccinations you may require
- Plan your trip way ahead of time to make big savings
- Look at alternative routes which could save you cash
- Research hostels, far cheaper than hotels
- Look at what you need and don’t take too much. Do you really need to take 4 pairs of high heels?
After getting married I still didn’t leave my love of travel behind, I simply brought the family along with me! My husband was lucky enough to be able to work remotely so all he needed was his laptop and an internet connection so he didn’t need to quit work who thankfully, were really understanding. We’ve been on tons of adventures along the way and once we decided to start a family we changed tactic and looked at family trips.